Behaviour and Descipline
- Hostelites are expected to display acceptable form of behaviour, maintain discipline and Decorum in the hostel complex.
- Smoking is not allowed in the hostel complex and campus.
- Possession, distribution and consumption of alcoholic beverages, prohibited drugs, chewable tobacco in the hostel complex is not allowed. Such issues will invite serious disciplinary measures including legal action and immediate expulsion from the hostel.
- Parties, social or political gatherings in the hostel complex are not permitted without the prior and written consent of the Hostel Director.
- The hostelites will be allowed to stay out of the hostel on submission of proper application duly authorized by parent and only if the permission is granted in writing by the Hostel Director with due authorization by the Director- LISSAH College.
- No student shall occupy or interchange the room 'without permission and proper allotment of the room by Hostel Director.
- During the study leave, the hostelites should be leaving the hostel. In case a student wants to stay back in the hostel, he should take written consent from the Hotel Director.
- A hostel campus should be a place where students can have the best possible conditions for studying and adequate rest. As such due consideration must be accorded to other hostelites at all times. Noise level must be kept low to allow others the opportunity to study or sleep in comfort. This applies to the use of mobile phones and other audio devices, Television, Radio etc. provided in the common room must be switched off by 9 pm. These rules are intended to ensure an environment conducive for all hostelites.
- Vandalism is a very serious offence. Hostelites found guilty of committing such an offence can be evicted from the hostel.
- Ragging is a cognizable offence, punishable under the law and is strictly banned. Any student involved in any kind of nagging will be liable for immediate expulsion from the hostel/college. The College strictly follows the anti-nagging stipulations as per the court order/directives of the University.
- In case of any unacceptable behaviour by the room-mate, the other room-mate must report it to the college authorities.
- Students shall have to abide by the decisions of the hostel director with respect to enforcement of the hostel rules failing which strict disciplinary action may be taken.
- The hostel/college authorities will take strict disciplinary action in case a student rakes up an issue in the College in connection with a disciplinary action taken in the hostel.
- Hostelites must return to the hostel by 6 pm every day and are not allowed to leave the hostel before 5 am.
- The hostel main gate and entrance will be locked at 9 pm every day. If any hostelite wants entry after 9 pm, special permission has to be sought from the hostel director with the counter signature of LISSAH- Director.
- During working days the hostel will remain closed from 9.15 am to 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm to 3.30 pm. The stud3ent has to intimate the hostel director regarding his leave days from the college with the supporting approval document of the dept. head/class teacher.
- Recreation/games/going out will be allowed from 3.30 pm to 6 pm.
- The first study will be from 6.30 pm to 8.00 pm and the second study from 9.00 pm to 10.30/ 11.00 pm. The lights shall be put off by 11.00 pm.
- All hostelites are required to be inside the hostel between 9.00 pm to 5.00 am.
- Visits to home or relatives or friends have to be made after informing the Director of the same.
- Overnight absence has to be intimated to the Hostel Director and to be entered in the Register maintained by the Hostel Director.
Upkeep of the Hostel
- Hostelites are responsible for keeping their rooms and the common areas in the hostel such as bathrooms, stair case, corridors, common room etc. clean and tidy at all times.
- All fans, lights and electrical appliances must be switched off when not in use.
- Cooking, making tea etc is not allowed in the hostel. Use of electrical appliances such as heaters, electrical irons etc. are strictly prohibited. Confiscation along with a fine of Rs. 500/- shall be imposed. An electric iron is kept for common use in the common hall.
- Common hostel furniture must not be moved without the permission of the Hostel Director.
- Any damage to the hostel property must be reported immediately to the Hostel Director. Hostelites will be charged for all damages except damages caused by normal wear and tear.
- Pasting of posters, writings, wall chalking, slogans of any kind or defacing the hostel in any form is not allowed.
- The hostel management reserves the right to make spot checks in the hostel and rooms without having to give prior notice to the students.
- Electricians, contractors or any other service person may enter rooms as and when necessary in the course of their duty under the directive of the Hostel Director. However, every effort will be made to respect the privacy and dignity of the hostelites.
- The hostel management reserves the right to move hostelites to other hostel units if there is a necessity.
- Room furniture, electric fittings etc are required to be maintained by the students in good condition. At the time of allotment of seat / leaving the hostel for Summer Vacation every student must take over/ handover the hostel room properly and carefully. They shall not break or damage any furniture and fittings. If any breakage occurs then cost will be realized (individually or collectively), together with heavy fines imposed on them.
- Visitors including parents are allowed only into the visitor’s area of the hostel during the visiting hours as follows.
Weekdays: (Monday –Friday) – 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm & 7.30 am to 8.30 am
Weekend (Saturday, Sunday) and holidays- 7.30 am to 6.00 pm
- All visitors must register at the guard house and provide all details and documents as requested by security before entering the hostel complex. All visitors must leave the hostel complex by 6.00 pm.
- Hostelites are not permitted to allow visitors of the opposite sex into rooms at any time for whatever reason. Any hostelites found violating this rule will be evicted form the hostel.
- Non- hostel students are prohibited in the hostel. The student who violates this rule is answerable to LISSAH –Director.
- Unauthorized guests or outsiders in the hostel room are strictly prohibited. Any student keeping unauthorized person in his room will be liable to disciplinary action amounting to expulsion from the hostel. Guest may be allowed on prior written permission of the director.
Rental amd Mess Fee
- Hostelites are required to pay their rental in advance. The rental is paid on a semester basis and must be paid at least 15 days before the beginning of each semester.
- The mess fee also will have to be paid in advance for every month. The amount will be calculated at the rate of Rs. 2000/- per month. As the expenses are calculated based on the dividing system, if there is any balance amount will be adjusted towards the next month. Non-payment of mess fee for two consecutive months can lead to expulsion from the hostel.
- The hostel management reserves the right to increase the rental by giving one month’s notice.
Termination and Renewal od Tenancy
- Hotelites can terminate the hostel tenancy by giving at least one month’s written notice. Failure to give one month’s advance notice will result in forfeiture of one month’s rent. This has to be submitted to the Director of the College.
- The hostel management can end this tenancy at any time if: (a) the hostelite fails to pay any sums due to the hotel within fifteen days of the due date (b) if the hostelite fails to comply with the terms of this tenancy.
- Admission in the hostel cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- At the close of the academic year, in the month of May all the hostelites should vacate the hostel leaving the rooms open. This will the time for the management to do the repair/ maintenance/ renovation work of the hostel. In the case of non-outgoing students, if the hostelite likes to continue the stay in the hostel, the admission has to be renewed for the subsequent year by submitting the prescribed admission renewal form at the close of the year as they vacate the hostel. It will be the discretion of the management to allow/disallow continuation.
- The re-admission to the next year will be based on the following criteria.
- Attendance record in the college
- Overall behavior in the hostel and the college
- Compliance with the rules and regulations of the hostel and the college
- Punishment record in the hostel and the college
- Serious issues as ragging, consumption of alcohol and drugs
- Smoking in the campus
- Fee dues
- Hostelites are advised to lock the rooms at all times for security reason. Duplicate of the key should be given to the director.
- The hostel management is not responsible for any loss of private property. Hostelites are strongly advised to lock all your valuable e.g. mobile phones, laptop, watches, money etc at all times.
- Hostelites are not permitted to change rooms or sleep anywhere other than in their own room.
- Any hostelites who find his/her room-mate missing for more than 24 hours, must report to the Hostel Director. This is to enable the hostel authorities to take immediate action if any untoward incident had taken place. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
- Possessions, distribution and use of fire-arms, lethal weapons including air gun, other potential weapons like iron rods, cycle chain, etc, contraband drugs, alcohol, toxic and hazardous material are strictly prohibited in the hostel. Such issues will invite serious disciplinary mesures including legal action and immediat4e expulsion from the hostel.
- Keeping electric appliances such as T. V, heater, iron, oven etc in the rooms is also prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in the hostel complex.
Late night passes
- Hostelites should return to the hostel within the stipulated time. Occasionally, as require for study purposes or for any justifiable personal reasons, if the hostelite expects to be late, he should obtain a late night pass from the directorin advance and this pass must be produced to the security guard on returning to the hostel.
- In case of any emergency please contact the security guards at the guard house or call hostel/college authorities. Important telephone numbers are provided with these guidelines.
Revision of rules and regulations
- The hostel management reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations from time to time and will keep the hostelite informed of any changes in the form of notices on the hostel notice boards. Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse.
Monitoring, reviewing and overall management
- Any complaints, suggestions or enquiries are always welcome. This has to be given in writing to the hostel director.
- There will be a management committee chaired by the Director-LISSAH College to review the functioning of the hostel on a periodic basis and to ensure the orderly and disciplined conduct of the hostel in pursuance of the welfare and growth of the student community.
- The decision of the committee will be final and binding on all hostelites and on matters related to the overall functioning of the hostel.
- The hostel director will be fully in-charge of the hostel. He will be assisted by the warden.